Looking for information on influenza? IDSA has extensive material on its website:
- Avian Influenza (Bird Flu): Agricultural and Wildlife Considerations
This section contains information on the agent, its hosts, transmission, key outbreaks in domestic avian populations, the current status in Asia, bird flu as a biological weapon, clinical features, differential diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and outbreak control.
- Avian Influenza (Bird Flu): Implications for Human Disease
This section contains information on avian influenza in humans, the 2003-2005 outbreak of H5N1 in Asia, treatment, vaccine development, World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) travel recommendations, surveillance, and infection control.
- Pandemic Influenza
This section contains information on the agent, the historical perspective, past pandemics, the current H5N1 threat, vaccine development, pandemic preparedness planning, and infection control.
The information on avian and pandemic influenza was developed and provided by the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the
Minnesota, with input from IDSA’s Rapid Communications Task Force. If you have suggestions on how to improve the content or make it more relevant to ID clinicians, please contact Diana Olson at email@example.com.
Additional influenza information is available at www.idsociety.org/pandemicinfluenza.htm, including:
- A CME monograph for IDSA’s 2008 Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza meeting
- The agenda and registration information for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza 2009 (to be held Feb. 2-9 in
- Summaries of IDSA’s policy and advocacy efforts related to pandemic influenza
- Links to other helpful influenza resources
< Previous Article | Next Article >