The IDSA Education and Research Foundation (ERF)/National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) Joint Research Awards provide support for promising young researchers who may not otherwise find funding. Applications are now being accepted for the 2010 awards. Applicants and their sponsors must be members of IDSA unless otherwise noted.
The application deadline is Feb. 12.
IDSA members-in-training are encouraged to apply for the following:
- Merle A. Sande/Pfizer Fellowship Award in International Infectious Diseases
sponsored by Pfizer Inc.
- This award is intended to encourage young physicians interested in international medicine. Note: The applicant's sponsor must be from a resource-limited country and does not necessarily have to be an IDSA member.
Junior faculty members (those who are not more than four years out of a training program) are encouraged to apply for the following:
- Association of Specialty Professors – IDSA Young Investigator Award in Geriatrics
sponsored by the Atlantic Philanthropies Inc. and the John A. Hartford Foundation
- This award provides support to infectious diseases faculty within the first four years of appointment who are interested in academic careers focused on the geriatric medicine aspects of the subspecialty.
- Astellas Young Investigator Awards
sponsored by the Astellas USA Foundation
- These awards provide funding to young investigators who have demonstrated outstanding research in any area of current interest in the field of infectious diseases.
- Wyeth Young Investigator Award in Vaccine Development
sponsored by Wyeth Vaccines Research
- This annual award provides funding for outstanding research in vaccine development, either through clinical or laboratory investigation.
These awards grow more competitive every year as the number of applicants increases. Apply now! The deadline is Feb. 12. For more information or to download an application, visit the IDSA website, call (703) 740-4788, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
< Previous Article | Next Article >