Two Maintenance of Certification (MOC) modules—one in general ID medicine and one in HIV medicine—are available online from IDSA and the HIV Medicine Association (HIMVA).
Developed in 2010 by panels of experts from both organizations, each 25-question module is worth 10 points toward MOC by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). Continuing medical education (CME) credit is also available from IDSA. To pass the module, you must have a score of 75 percent or better. To receive MOC points, you must be enrolled in ABIM’s MOC program. (For more information about the program requirements, visit ABIM’s website or call the ABIM Contact Center at (800) 441-ABIM, extension 3598.)
Even if you’re not enrolled in ABIM’s MOC program, the modules provide an excellent opportunity to earn CME credit. Each activity has been approved for two AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
For more information about MOC activities, visit IDSA’s website. For additional questions about the MOC modules, contact Kathy Matikonis at email@example.com or (703) 299-0200.
To get started, just follow the simple directions below:
- Go to idsa.knowledgedirectweb.com and click “Register” to register as a new user/“student.”
- On the “Welcome” page, select one module, and then click “Purchase Course.”
- Review the learning objectives and disclosure information, then click “agree.”
- Check “ABIM Eligibility.”
- Review the documents in the General Information section.
- Start the examination and select the corresponding correct answers.
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Select “Request ABIM Credit” to submit answers to ABIM.
- Select “Certificate of CME” to print your CME certificate. Each module earns two AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Follow and complete the same steps for the second module (go to “Student Home Page” and log in using your e-mail address and password).
- If you need technical help with the online modules, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both modules are valid until Oct. 31, 2013. You may complete the modules now and submit your answers to ABIM any time until then.
< Previous Article | Next Article >