A set of clinical microbiology vignettes—cases or laboratory scenarios that use an interactive, quiz-based tool for self learning—are available online through the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine. The username and password for the site are the same: MicroV
Used by Emory medical students, MPH students, pharmacy students, pathology residents, internal medicine residents, ID fellows, and faculty, the tool may be useful for ID fellows who are studying for board exams and for members who want to recertify.
The vignettes are sorted by microbiology, clinical, and public health topics, and are formatted as quizzes that give feedback after each question is answered. After resolving each case or scenario, you will be able to:
- Identify the tests that are useful for the diagnosis.
- Distinguish microbiological and morphological characteristics of the organism.
- Recognize clinical and pathological characteristics caused by these agents.
- Outline basic principles of treatment and prevention.
- Explain public health implications of the agents presented.
< Previous Article | Next Article >