IDWeek 2015 member registration opened Tuesday, March 17. Register early to take advantage of discounts and hotel selections.
Catch a sneak peek of the schedule and session titles slated for October 7-11 in San Diego by viewing the PDF Program Primer*.
Premeeting workshops start on Tuesday, October 6. The Special Opening Plenary, "Ebola: Survivorship, the Science, Global Response, and the West African Perspective," on Wednesday will feature:
- Ian Crozier, MD, Physician and Ebola Survivor
- Pardis Sabeti, MD, DPhil, Computational Geneticist and Associate Professor, Harvard University, Boston, MA
- Tolbert Nyenswah, Esq, LLB, MPH, Assistant Minister of Health, Liberia
Be sure to stay through Sunday for the Closing Plenary, which will cover Pandemic Influenza:
- Adolfo Garcia-Sastre, PhD, Director, Global Health and Emerging Pathogens Institute, Mount Sinai, New York, NY: Pathogenesis of Influenza
- Daniel B. Jernigan, MD, MPH, Deputy Director, Influenza Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta,GA: Circulation of Seasonal and Emergent Strains of Influenza—Preparing for a Pandemic
- Nicole Lurie, MD, MSPH, (invited) Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC: Pandemic Preparations
Sunday will also feature four mini-symposia on Antimicrobial Stewardship Intervention, Hepatitis C, Herpes, and Foodborne Diseases.