Primer on Healthcare Epidemiology, Infection Control & Antimicrobial Stewardship: Online CourseThe Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) has recently released its Primer on Healthcare Epidemiology, Infection Control & Antimicrobial Stewardship: Online Course, endorsed by IDSA and the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS). The course meets the requirements for ID fellows for course work in healthcare epidemiology and infection prevention as outlined by the American Board for Internal Medicine (ABIM). Other physicians and healthcare practitioners can earn CME credits.
The course’s 12 online modules use interactive case-based scenarios on the following topics:
IDSA members receive a discount on the course registration fees.
- Pathogen transmission: Diarrheal illness, airborne infections, and respiratory viral illness
- Implementing antimicrobial stewardship
- Outbreak management in the healthcare setting
- Approach to control of bioterrorism agents
- Advanced occupational health management
- Prevention and management of multidrug resistant organisms including: methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae, vancomycin-resistant Enterococci, extended-spectrum β-lactamase–producing Escherichia coli, and C. difficile
- Device-associated infections including: catheter-associated bloodstream infection, catheter-associated urinary tract infection, and ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Surgical site infections: Impact, frequency, and risk factors
IDAC Course in Antimicrobial Stewardship
The Infectious Disease Association of California (IDAC), in association with the California Department of Public Health, is offering Practical Antimicrobial Stewardship: Implementation and Expansion in Healthcare Facilities on Saturday, July 18, 2015 at the Hilton Hotel in Irvine, CA. This CME activity is designed to assist health care facilities in implementing and improving their own Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs (ASP).For info: http://idac.org/upcoming.php
For brochure: http://idac.org/brochures/2015Summer.pdf
< Previous Article | Next Article >